PLEASE NOTE: If you are not using FCVS, you must have your educational institution send this form directly to the Office of the Professions. We will not accept this form if it is submitted by the applicant or a third party.
Graduates of programs not registered as licensure qualifying by New York State or accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME), or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) - do not use this form. You must use FCVS to collect your credentials.
- Section I: Complete this section of the form before sending it to your professional school. If you graduated from a medical school that was not registered by New York State or accredited by LCME/AOA, notify the school that a transcript must accompany the form. If you attended a medical school that has been closed, send this form to the official repository of the records for that school; e.g., CONES.
- Section II: The Registrar, Dean, Rector, or Principal of the medical school must complete the appropriate parts of this section and return the form directly to the Office of the Professions in an official school envelope at the address on the form.
Please make as many copies of Form 2 as needed.
Electronic Education Documentation
The Office of the Professions (OP) will accept official electronic transcripts and forms from educational institutions (i.e. colleges/universities) or designated third-party* transcript entities located in the United States provided that:
- The transcript is the certified true and official academic record and the document does NOT have an expiration date**.
- OP can independently verify that the documentation is received directly from the educational institution’s registrar or officially designated third-party.
- If a third-party transcript provider is involved, it is clear that the educational institution has designated the third party as the official sole provider of its transcripts.
- The applicant had no opportunity to directly access or alter the transcript before it is sent or transmitted.
- Any educational institution education documentation submissions should be made electronically to DPLSEduc@nysed.gov***.
*OP will only accept third-party submissions after we have determined that the arrangement between the educational institution and the third party is consistent with our security and verification standards.
**Transcript documents with expiration dates cannot be accepted. Expirations on links to the document are acceptable.
***Do NOT use this email to submit a question, as we will be unable to provide a response. Submit a Contact Us Form for questions regarding specific applications or to check the status of a licensure application.