Skip to main content
Welcome to the Office of the Professions’ newly redesigned website. Portions of this site may still be under development, so if you experience any issues or have any questions please submit a Website Feedback Form.
  • NYSED Homepage
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • NYSED Employment
  • Board Members Only

Form 5 - Notification of Intent to Practice Professional Engineering Under Section 7208(b) of Education Law

Endorsement Applicants only

Use this form only if you wish to engage in interim practice while your application for licensure is being reviewed and you:

  • are not a resident of New York State, or
  • have no established place of practice in this State, or
  • are a resident of this State, but have arrived only within the past six months

You must have filed an application for licensure as a professional engineer in New York and must be legally qualified to practice in the state or country in which you currently reside or have a place of practice, or in your previous residence or place of practice. Interim practice will only be approved for a limited time to allow the Department time to review your application for licensure. If you are approved to practice for an interim period, you will not be allowed to claim or in any way state that you are providing services as a professional engineer licensed in New York State.