Skip to main content
Welcome to the Office of the Professions’ newly redesigned website. Portions of this site may still be under development, so if you experience any issues or have any questions please submit a Website Feedback Form.
  • NYSED Homepage
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • NYSED Employment
  • Board Members Only

This form is to be completed by any Professional Corporation (PC), Limited Liability Company (LLC), Limited Liability Partnership (LLP), partnership, or sole proprietorship that needs to register with the Education Department as a public accounting firm.

Complete all pages of this form and submit it to the Professional Corporations Unit at the address at the end of the form with:

  • A check or money order for the appropriate fee, made payable to the New York State Education Department. The fee should be calculated using the instructions on the first page of form 6R; and
  • A certified copy of the: Certificate of Incorporation (Domestic PCs); or the Application for Authority (foreign PCs); Articles of Organization (for Domestic LLCs); or the Application for Authority (for foreign LLCs); or the Certificate of Registration (for Domestic LLPs); or the Notice of Registration (for foreign LLPs) filed with the NYS Department of State. A copy of the filing receipt is not acceptable. Partnerships must include a certified copy of the Certificate of Registration filed with the office of the county clerk. Sole proprietorships must submit a copy of the Certificate of Assumed Name filed with the County Clerk in the county in which the firm has its principal place of business if one was filed; and
  • Any other document required by the Education Department.