The three new and three previously approved dental services that may be performed under the personal supervision of a licensed dentist are:
- take impressions for space maintainers, orthodontic appliances, and occlusal guards
- place and remove temporary separating devices
- place orthodontic ligatures
- select and prefit provisional crowns (previously approved service)
- select and prefit orthodontic bands (previously approved service)
- remove orthodontic arch wires and ligature ties (previously approved service)
Personal supervision means that the supervising dentist must be in the dental office or facility and must diagnose the condition to be treated, personally authorize the procedure, and personally examine the patient when the treatment is completed and before the patient leaves the office or facility.