Skip to main content
Welcome to the Office of the Professions’ newly redesigned website. Portions of this site may still be under development, so if you experience any issues or have any questions please submit a Website Feedback Form.
  • NYSED Homepage
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • NYSED Employment
  • Board Members Only

This form must be submitted directly by the educational institution(s) you attended. The Office of the Professions will not accept this form if submitted by the applicant.

You must at least document your high school graduation.

  • Section l: Complete this section of the form before sending the entire form to your school. Be sure to sign and date item 10.
  • Section ll: The Registrar or appropriate school official must complete the appropriate parts of this section and return both pages of the form directly to the Office of the Professions at the mailing address on the form.

If your associate or baccalaureate degree program was in surveying, surveying engineering, surveying engineering technology, or a similar surveying-related title and was accredited by ABET at the time of your graduation or within one year thereafter for land surveying, the Registrar must complete Parts B and C.

(NOTE: For applicants applying to take Part 1 of the licensing examination based on education only, such a program must be at the baccalaureate level and they must have either graduated from or be within 20 semester hours of graduating from the program.)

If your educational program does not fit the criteria in the preceding paragraph, the Registrar must complete Parts A and C. Remind the school that they must attach an official transcript or marksheet of your studies.

When studies were completed at more than one school, official records need to be sent to the Department from each school. Please photocopy the form as needed.

Electronic Education Documentation

The Office of the Professions (OP) will accept official electronic transcripts and forms from educational institutions (i.e. colleges/universities) or designated third-party* transcript entities located in the United States or Canada provided that:

  • The transcript is the certified true and official academic record and the document does NOT have an expiration date**.
  • OP can independently verify that the documentation is received directly from the educational institution’s registrar or officially designated third-party.
  • If a third-party transcript provider is involved, it is clear that the educational institution has designated the third party as the official sole provider of its transcripts.
  • The applicant had no opportunity to directly access or alter the transcript before it is sent or transmitted.
  • Any educational institution education documentation submissions should be made electronically to***.

*OP will only accept third-party submissions after we have determined that the arrangement between the educational institution and the third party is consistent with our security and verification standards.

**Transcript documents with expiration dates cannot be accepted. Expirations on links to the document are acceptable.

***Do NOT use this email to submit a question, as we will be unable to provide a response. Submit a Contact Us Form for questions regarding specific applications or to check the status of a licensure application.