The Office of the Professions will not accept this form if submitted by the applicant.
- Use this form to verify licensure in another jurisdiction. This jurisdiction should be:
Complete section I of this form and be sure to sign and date item 9. Then send this form to the jurisdiction and ask that they complete section II and return the form directly to the Office of the Professions.
- Your primary place of practice. If this jurisdiction does not license geologists then
- The jurisdiction of original licensure.
- Use this form to verify that you passed the Fundamentals of Geology examination and/or the Practice of Geology examination in another jurisdiction. Complete Section I of this form and be sure to sign and date item 9. Then send this form to the jurisdiction(s) from which you wish to have examination grades transferred or to ASBOG, and ask that they complete section II and return the form directly to the Office of the Professions.
Note: A Form 3 is not required for licenses/certificates issued by the New York State Education Department. Also, If the certification/verification documentation provided by a U.S. jurisdictions contains the same information requested in the Form 3, completion of a Form 3 for that jurisdiction is not necessary. For certification/verification documentation that does not contain the same information, a Form 3 will need to be completed for that jurisdiction.
Electronic Verification of Licensure, Certification and/or Examination
The Office of the Professions (OP) will accept electronic verifications of licensure, certification and examination completion from other licensing authorities located in the United States provided that:
- OP can independently authenticate that the verification is received directly from the licensing authority.
- The applicant had no opportunity to directly access or alter the verification before it is sent or transmitted.
- Any licensing authority verification submissions should be made electronically to DPLSVerif@nysed.gov.*
*DO NOT use this email to submit a question, as we will be unable to provide a response. Submit a Contact Us Form for questions regarding specific applications or to check the status of a licensure application