This form must be used for Principal/Practical Examination Candidates ONLY.
A Form 4P must be submitted directly by three architects who can attest to your lawful practice as principal/shareholder/owner of your own architecture firm outside New York State. This form will not be accepted if submitted by the applicant.
- Section I: Complete this section of the form before sending it to the architect who can attest to your lawful practice.
- Section II: The architect must complete this section and return the form directly to the Office of the Professions at the address at the end of the form.
Electronic Verification of Experience
- The Office of the Professions (OP) will accept experience forms directly from supervisors provided that:
- OP can independently verify that the documentation is received directly from the supervisor
- The applicant had no opportunity to directly alter the experience form before it is sent or transmitted.
- Any experience documentation submissions should be made electronically to DPLSExperience@nysed.gov*.
*Do NOT use this email to submit a question, as we will be unable to provide a response. Submit a Contact Us Form for questions regarding specific applications or to check the status of a licensure application.