8. Maintaining Continuing Professional Competence
- Assess and renew your competence throughout your career through self-evaluation, supervision and consultation.
- Expand your knowledge and skills during your career through continuing education and training (many specialty credentials have specific continuing education requirements). Be sure to document all activities.
- Before using a modality not included in your professional training (e.g., biofeedback or hypnosis), enroll in and successfully complete programs of study in recognized institutions and/or with recognized authorities to ensure competency.
Citations of Pertinent Law, Rules or Regulations:
- Education Law, section 6509(2) - incompetence and negligence
- Education Law, section 6509(9) - unprofessional conduct
- Regents Rules, part 29.1(b)(9) - practicing beyond competency