Permits limited as to eligibility, practice and duration shall be issued by the department to eligible applicants, as follows:
- Eligibility. The following persons shall be eligible for a limited permit:
- a person who fulfills all requirements for a license as a professional medical physicist except those relating to examination or experience; or
- a medical physics student enrolled in a graduate or post-graduate curriculum approved by the department;
- Limit of practice. A permittee shall be authorized to practice medical physics only under the direct and immediate supervision of a professional medical physicist and only in the specialty of such professional medical physicist;
- Duration. A limited permit shall be valid for two years. It may be renewed biennially at the discretion of the department;
- Fee. The fee for each limited permit and for each renewal shall be sixty dollars.