§79-2.1. Professional study of acupuncture.
To meet the professional education requirement for admission to the licensing examination, the applicant shall present evidence of successful completion of the following requirements:
- Pre-professional education requirement. The applicant shall have completed at least 60 semester hours of study, including at least nine semester hours in the biosciences, creditable as part of one or more college or university programs which are:
- registered by the department pursuant to Part 52 of this Title; or
- offered by a college or university accredited by at least one accrediting agency accepted by the department as a reliable authority for the purpose of accreditation at the post-secondary level, which applies its criteria for granting accreditation in a fair, consistent, and non-discriminatory manner, such as an agency recognized for these purposes by the United States Department of Education; or
- determined by the department to be the equivalent of a program approved pursuant to paragraphs (1) or (2) of this subdivision.
- Professional education requirement. The applicant shall have successfully completed a course of study in acupuncture registered by the department pursuant to section 52.16 of this Title or determined by the department to be the equivalent of such a registered program.