Skip to main content
Welcome to the Office of the Professions’ newly redesigned website. Portions of this site may still be under development, so if you experience any issues or have any questions please submit a Website Feedback Form.
  • NYSED Homepage
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • NYSED Employment
  • Board Members Only

The information furnished on this website is from the Office of the Professions' official database, which is updated daily. This is considered to be a secure, primary source for license verification.  However, the database is currently under maintenance for enhancement and you may encounter issues with search results. Any issues should be reported using our Website Feedback Form.

If the database search fields are not displaying below, please clear your cache (or browser data) and/or access the database using another browser (see instructions for clearing browser cache: Chrome; Edge; Firefox; Safari). Please note, Internet Explorer is not supported for this database, so an alternative browser will be needed to perform a search.




Request Written License Certification or Verification

A license indicates that an individual has met the minimum requirements of the Education Law to enter practice or use a professional title within New York State (NYS). A license is valid for the life of the holder unless revoked, annulled, or suspended by the Board of Regents. The Education Law requires that individual licensees periodically register with the Department and pay a fee in order to actively practice or use a professional title within NYS.

The Department issues certification of licensure, for a $20 fee, to provide a licensee’s official information on the basis of licensure for a variety of purposes. Certification requests can only be submitted by the licensee and can only be sent to the licensee or the licensing authority of another state or jurisdiction. The Department also issues written verification of licensure, for a $10 fee, confirming an individual is licensed in NYS and their registration status. To determine which request you need to make for your specific purposes please complete the online Form below. Fee payment can only be made by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).

Online License Certification and Verification Form

*Note: Engineering, Land Surveying and Geology- For information on requesting Certification of Successful Completion of Licensure Examination or Intern Certificates see the Engineering & Land Surveying or the Geology webpage. Pharmacy Interns - Please do not fill out this request form. The Department does NOT provide written certification or verification of internship hours or clinical experiences. Contact the state board where you are seeking licensure to inquire whether they will accept an affidavit, from your pharmacy school or the preceptor who supervised your internship, attesting to your completed internship dates/hours. An online verification of an intern permit can be performed using our Online Verification Service (under the pharmacist profession).

Contact us