Verifying Your New York License
New York licensees are reminded that up-to-the-minute license and registration status is available on this site. The information on the Web is current and official. Licensees who require written proof of licensure should file the Request for Written Confirmation of NYS Licensure ( 15 KB). This request requires the submission of a fee and will be mailed to a third party.
Translations & Credentials EvaluationsGuidance on acceptable translations of international credentials and information on private credentials evaluations services.
Other Education Department Sites
- Inventory of Registered Programs (IRP) - Search for information on nearly 25,000 college programs registered by the State Education Department.
- Office of Teaching Initiatives - Teacher certification, policies, and support services.
- Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) requests for State Education Department records.
Other New York State Agency Sites
- New York State Homepage
- ServNY is a Department of Health registry of health care and mental health professionals who wish to volunteer during an emergency or major disaster.
Federal Government Sites
- Council on Licensure, Enforcement and Regulation (CLEAR) - An association of individuals, agencies and organizations, which comprise the international community of professional and occupational regulation. Contains links to other states' licensing agencies & boards.