New York State Nursing Education
Scholarships, Grants & Loans
Grants, scholarships and other financial assistance are available to many students who enroll in nursing education programs at the associates degree, baccalaureate degree and graduate degree levels. Financial aid is available from a variety private foundations, colleges and universities with nursing education programs, New York State and from the United States government. Many students learn about financial aide from their colleges and universities as well as from the following sources:
- Edna A. Lauterbach Scholarship Fund The New York State Association of Health Care Providers provides scholarships to assist registered nurses and licensed practical nurses with training or education that will enhance the nurse's skills in either the clinical or business area.
- HESC New York State Higher Education Services Corporation includes financial aid information for both students and guidance counselors. Interested parties are encouraged to review sections on Grants, Scholarships, and Awards Quick Reference on the HESC website.
- For New York State Education Department scholarship and loan information please call 518-486-1319, the Loan Forgiveness Program at 518-474-4128 or see the Department's Pre-Collegiate Preparation & Scholarships page.
- Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Federal Student Aid (FSA) funding is available to eligible Americans for education beyond high school. Available aid includes scholarships, grants, work-study programs, and loans.
- Fastweb Scholarship search is a comprehensive source of local and national college-specific scholarships.