The Board of Regents approved regulations to implement the statutory requirement (§7807 the Education Law) that becomes effective on January 1, 2012, requiring 36 hours of mandatory continuing education for re-registration of licensed massage therapists every three years. The requirement will be phased in during the first three years, so that those re-registering during that time period will only require the number of hours of continuing education attributable to the number of months from January 1, 2012 until their registration due dates, e.g. registration on June 1, 2012 would require six hours of continuing education. There is a provision for a one-year conditional registration for persons who for good cause have not completed the required hours.
- Questions and Answers for Massage Therapists
- Questions and Answers for Continuing Education Provider Applicants
- Deemed Sponsor Registration form
- Application for Approval as a Sponsor of Continuing Education for Massage Therapists Form
- Self-Examination for Three Hours Continuing Education Credit - The Massage Therapy self-examination is under revision and will be available again soon.