Regulations of the Commissioner
Section 52.33, Marriage and Family Therapy
§52.33, Marriage and Family Therapy.
In addition to meeting all applicable provisions of this Part, to be registered as a program recognized as leading to licensure in marriage and family therapy, which meets the requirements of section 79-10.1 of this Title, the program shall:
- be a program in marriage and family therapy leading to a master's or doctoral degree, which includes at least 45 semester hours, or the equivalent, of study;
- contain curricular content that includes but is not limited to each
of the following content areas:
- the study of human development, including individual, child and family development, at least three semester hours;
- marriage and family therapy clinical knowledge, including but not limited to psychopathology, at least twelve semester hours;
- marriage and family therapy theoretical knowledge, at least six semester hours;
- family law;
- research, at least three semester hours; and
- professional ethics, at least three semester hours; and
- include a supervised practicum in marriage and family therapy of at least 300 client contact hours.