A Certified Interior Designer (CID) licensed in New York plans, designs, supervises and/or consults on various aspects of interior spaces including:
- layouts and planning of interior construction
- furnishings and fixtures
- cabinetry, lighting and finishes
- other aspects of interior construction not materially related to the main structural building components or systems
To safeguard people and property, certified interior designers incorporate construction, fire, safety and accessibility codes and data into their design services.
New York CIDs work with you to create home and business environments that project your desired image while allowing for changing requirements, functionality, comfort, and efficiency. Their services include the following:
- schematic design and development
- space planning
- complete interior design specifications
- working drawings
- project monitoring and post-occupancy review
In providing these and related services, certified interior designers ensure that all fire codes, flammability ratings, and other safety and product issues are addressed.