License Application Forms

Important Notice: If you were ever licensed in this profession in New York State STOP. A New York State professional license is valid for life unless it is revoked, annulled, or suspended by the Board of Regents. To practice in New York State your professional license must be registered. If your registration has lapsed and you need to reregister, do not submit a Form 1. Instead, contact us to request a Delayed Registration Application, or call 518-474-3817 Ext. 570.

Note: For fillable PDF forms, Internet Explorer is the recommended browser.

Form 1 - Application for Licensure & First Registration ( PDF 23 KB)
ll applicants for licensure must complete this form and submit it with the $103 licensure and first registration fee directly to the Office of the Professions at the address at the end of Form 1. Make checks payable to the New York State Education Department. NOTE: Your cancelled check is your receipt.

You must answer all questions and provide all information requested unless otherwise indicated. Failure to complete all required parts of the application will delay its review. Your signature on Form 1 must be notarized by a Notary Public.

Address/Name Change Form - Optional ( PDF 20 KB)
You are required to notify us within 30 days of any name or address changes. Please read the instructions and complete the appropriate sections of this form.

Form 2 - Certification of Professional Education - (PDF 19 KB)
This form must be submitted directly by the educational institution(s) you attended. The Office of the Professions will not accept this form if submitted by the applicant.
  • Section I: Complete this section before sending the entire form to your school. Be sure to sign and date item 9.
  • Section II: The Registrar must complete this section and return all pages of the form in an official school envelope with requested documents directly to the Office of the Professions at the address at the end of the form.

Note: If you graduated from a high school in the United States, your professional school will attest to your high school/secondary education on this form. No further documentation is normally required.

However, if you completed your high school/secondary school outside the United States, you must submit a copy of your high school diploma in the original language attached to your Form 1.

Form 5 - Application for Limited Permit - (PDF 18 KB)
  • Section I: If you are applying for a limited permit, complete this section before having your prospective supervisor complete Section II. Be sure to sign and date item 9.
  • Section II: Your prospective supervisor completes this section.

Return the completed form with the $40 fee to the Office of the Professions at the address at the end of the form. If you have not already, you must also submit the Application for Licensure (Form 1), the $103 fee for licensure and first registration, and have your academic institution submit the Certification of Professional Education (Form 2) before your application for a limited permit can be approved.

Last Updated: November 15, 2018