Regulations of the Commissioner
From Part 52, Registration of Curricula
Effective, September 23, 2008
§52.41 Histological technician.
In addition to meeting all applicable provisions of this Part, to be registered as a program recognized as leading to certification as a histological technician, which meets the requirements of section 79-16.1 of this Title, the program shall:
- be a histological technician program leading to an associate or higher degree which contains didactic and clinical education that integrates pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical components of laboratory services, including the principles and practices of quality assurance/ quality improvement;
- include curricular content in each of the following subject
areas or their equivalent as determined by the department:
- anatomy and physiology;
- inorganic chemistry;
- histology, to include microscopic analysis;
- histological techniques, to include microtome techniques, chemistry of stains, and staining techniques;
- quality assurance;
- ethics; and
- infection control and universal precautions; and
- include a supervised clinical experience of at least 30 hours per week for at least 8 weeks, or its equivalent as determined by the department, in the practice of histological technician.