Foreign PLLC Checklist

Please be advised that all members/managers must be licensed in NYS and your home jurisdiction.

You must submit the following documents to our office:

  • Application for Authority under Section 1306.

  • Certificate of Incorporation/Certificates of amendment filed in original jurisdiction (with verification of purpose).

    Note: Be aware that if your entity was originally formed to provide more than one profession, you must qualify to practice the same professions in New York State.

    *Please note that an entity will not be listed on the New York State Education Department Website until the certified copy is received.

  • Affidavit (signed by the Managing Member or President) listing all current member/managers. Our office defines as a member/manager anyone who has any type of authority or control of the entity or who shares the profits/losses of the entity. This includes the Chairman, CEO, Vice President and other officers of the entity.

  • Evidence of licensure in original jurisdiction for each member/manager of the corporation.

  • Evidence of licensure in NYS for each member/manager of the corporation.

  • Company name (same as original jurisdiction) must add PLLC in Article 1, second line if not used in state of origin.

  • Certificate of Assumed Name if needed. (This would be used to add a profession to title of corporation or bring the title into compliance with New York State requirements).


  • Check for the fee of $50 + $10 per member/manager, made payable to the New York State Education Department.

Please also review our Tips to Avoid Unnecessary Processing Delays.

Our address is:

NYS Education Department
Office of the Professions, Professional Corporations Unit
89 Washington Avenue
4th Floor, EBA
Albany, NY 12234
Telephone: 518-474-3817 Ext. 400
Fax: 518-473-5515
Last Updated: February 2, 2017