How to Contact Us

For application forms, licensure requirements and continuing education questions:

Contact information links are located on the navigation sidebar for each profession specific page.

To check the status of an application:

We cannot provide the status of a licensure application by phone. After you have submitted all your documentation, please allow 6 weeks before submitting a Contact Us Form to request a status update. Contacting us earlier may extend processing times for applications. During busy times, this time frame may increase. We thank you for your patience and cooperation.

To contact a customer service representative:

  • For an E-mail Response: Contact Us
  • Phone: 518-474-3817, Press 1 then ext. 570.

Please always include your profession and license number, if you have one, in emails along with date of birth and last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.

To obtain a registration renewal application for a profession:

  • For an E-mail Response: Contact Us
  • Phone: 518-474-3817, Press 1 then ext. 410
  • Fax: 518-474-3004
  • Write: Office of the Professions, Registration Unit, State Education Building - 2nd Floor, Albany, NY 12234

To file a complaint against a licensee:

To file a change of name or address:

To obtain a replacement Registration Certificate:

Submit an Application for Replacement Certificate (There is a $10 fee for each replacement certificate)

To obtain a replacement License Parchment:

Contact the Records and Archives Unit (There is a $10 fee for each replacement parchment):

  • For an E-mail Response: Contact Us
  • Phone: 518-474-3817, Press 1 then ext. 380

For Information Regarding Certification or Verification of Licensure:

Visit our website or for an e-mail response contact us.

Continuing Education:

For questions on requirements, approved providers and how to become an approved provider use the "Professions" page to navigate to your profession. There is a Continuing Education link on the sidebar of your profession’s page to guide you to additional information.

Professional Assistance Program

The Professional Assistance Program (PAP) assists professionals who have substance abuse problems, but who have not harmed patients or clients. Such professionals may voluntarily surrender their licenses while receiving treatment rather than face charges of professional misconduct. All applications to the program are confidential.

Committee for Professional Assistance: 80 Wolf Road, Albany, NY 12205-2643, Email:, Phone: 518-485-9380, Fax: 518-485-9378

Please note there is a contact information link for each profession on the side bar of the profession web pages.

Division of Professional Licensing Services, Director's Office: Susan Naccarato, Director. Email:, Phone: 518-474-3817, Press 1 then ext. 340, Fax: 518-402-5265

For information regarding the practice of a profession or continuing education:

Occupations not regulated by the Office of the Professions:

  • For information regarding certification of teachers and school administrators:
  • To find out if a lawyer is admitted to practice in New York State:
  • For occupations such as real estate, cosmetology, barbering, or notary public:
  • For other occupations, trades, or professions not noted here:
    • Call: New York State Operator, 518-474-2121
Last Updated: September 9, 2019